Aware of the impact of our business on the environment, Flexico acts as a responsible company right through the life cycle of our products.
- To control the consumption of fossil-based raw materials
- To control energy consumption
- To recover production waste
- Regeneration and reuse in production,
- Or recycled externally for the manufacture of other products such as carpets, plastic furniture, etc.
As an innovative company, Flexico integrates eco-design thinking into the design of all new products. The goal is to bring to market products that are « fair and smart ».
Our R&D department is working on 4 levers of action:
- Reduce : Flexible, plastic packaging enables savings through weight. Merchandising and POS product packaging is optimised to reduce transport and storage costs.
- Recycle : Using recyclable products by preferring single-material products and supporting recycling operations.
- Safe : Using raw materials that are not harmful to the environment or to the health of users.
- Re-use : Making packaging reusable and reclosable, so as to extend the lifespan of the bag and reduce its impact on the environment (one of Flexico’s priorities).
Development of renewable-origin plastics Flexico offers plastics that originate from renewable sources, such as sugar cane, maize and vegetable oils.
As a member of Elipso*, Flexico plays an active role in the fight against visual pollution, via 2 major initiatives:
Combat illegal dumping by promoting the right behaviour through communication campaigns to raise citizens’ awareness of the right gestures, including sorting, on holidays and at home.
As a member of the Save Food initiative, Flexico offers concrete solutions for reducing food waste:
- Resealable packaging allows consumers to better preserve food once the packaged has been opened (air & hygiene protection).
- Our merchandising solutions promote better product rotation and help to reduce the number of out-of-date products on the shelves.
* French plastic and flexible packaging association : http://www.elipso.org/